January 5, 2012

Lawn Fawn CHA Challenge: Admit One

Dear Reader,

I hope you are enjoying the best year yet!  I am optimistic that 2012 will be a great year full of new beginnings and adventures.

Over at Lawn Fawn they issued a challenge that I could not pass up HERE.  Since I only own one of the stamp sets they wish to showcase I spent last night coming up with several cards using Admit One.  There was one little caveat that no patterned paper could be used.  No problem!  I went ahead and did something I love and created patterned paper with the stamps.  I used Admit One almost exclusively on these cards with two exceptions: the clouds are from Bon Voyage and the little heart is from Cruising Through Life.  I think I only left a single image untouched, but had I had a little more time I would have worked that in too.  I hope you enjoy the cards and see how fun and versatile this stamp set is.

You're Sweet (I think I am partial to this card because of how bright and happy it is):


The close up (on my table, which is admittedly a mess, was the backing paper the glue dots come on--aka trash.  I used this strip before on a card and thought it would be just right to make the You're Sweet Award Ribbon sentiment pop off the vibrant background.  I edged the strip with black embroidery floss.):


Admit One (this is a dreamy little number.  How sweet is the carousel image?):


The close up (my second attempt of the carousel as the first I edged with a black Copic marker and it bled a lot...too bad as this was the most time consuming part of the whole lot of cards!):



You Make My World Go Round (adorable love sentiment!  Put me right in the mood for Valentine's and I had to add the pretty little heart from Crusing Through Life.):


 The close up (perhaps you can see the shimmer a bit here on the ticket paper I made):


Enjoy The Ride (I really wanted to showcase the balloons and I love the clouds from Bon Voyage so I thought it would be a great backdrop to the balloon cluster.  The clouds are embossed with white embossing powder.  I stamped the balloons before I embossed the clouds for placement of the ticket balloons later.) 


The close up (notice the pattern on the balloons? Yes, I used some of my ticket paper here too):


Happy and bright creating,
Shay.

5 comments :

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Fabulous! LOVE how you created all your bg paper! Beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

These are all totally fabulous! Those backgrounds are so much fun and I adore your ferris wheel!

Julie Mogford said...

Shay, you really outdid yourself! I love all of the cards and I really like the way you approached them. I look in awe and think - "how does she come up with that?" Love them all!

Chunyuan said...

Gorgeous. Love the backgrounds and fun designs.

Cardcrafter said...

Very nice! I love how you did the balloons! You are so creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails